Membership in NCLHIA includes many great benefits:
- Active legislative monitoring and advocacy – As an organization and as individual inspectors, we have all felt the effects of rule changes without a voice in the process. NCLHIA has retained the services of Rufus Edmisten’s firm, a state lobbyist who works with legislators and members of the executive branch. They have been tasked with keeping the association abreast of any arising situations in regards to legislation and rule changes, and will proactively assist the NCLHIA in determining the association’s plan of work in regards to our industry’s future. Clearly, membership in the Association is the best way for you to have a voice in the future of this profession.
- Discounted registration fees for conferences with NC Licensure Board sanctioned coursework. Continuing Education is required each year in order to keep this license in force.
- Continuing education – The Association sponsors the only major NC home inspectors’ convention and conference to provide education for home inspectors. This annual event is held about March 1st each year in a different region of the state. Home inspectors and vendors enjoy meeting each other and learning all of the latest news, as well as meeting their educational requirements.
- Chapters – NCLHIA has three chapters around the state in Charlotte, Raleigh, and Wilmington, increasing home inspectors’ opportunity for continuing education and networking on the local level. The chapters meet monthly and offer you a chance to become more involved with the Association. We are working to open more chapters in Asheville and Greensboro. Many of our members feel that the chapter meetings are the most valuable benefit of membership.
- All members are eligible for listing in the “Inspector Locator” database and encouraged to join one of the Regional Chapters.
- Observations of Licensure Board and Committee meetings are posted in the members only area of this website. Membership includes a subscription to our quarterly newsletter, Probings.
- Our members receive discounts on tools and services. These are regularly updated on the website.
- The NCLHIA logo is available in the members only area to download and use on clothing and materials.
- Access to “Members Only” area on NCLHIA.com.